POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
Lending and Membership Terms
To qualify for a loan: –
- A member must have completed at least six months and contributed not less than Kshs.12, 000/= for advocates members and Kshs.6, 000/= for non-advocates members.
- Loan applicant is entitled to three (3) times his/her deposits but subject to lending limit of Kshs 7.5 Million currently.
- A member who withdraws from the society and rejoins later will be treated as a new member for the purpose of this policy.
- All loans shall be restricted to members only & shall be approved by the credit committee.
- Savings contributions paid in lump sum for the purpose of securing a loan must remain in the Sacco account for at least three (3) months.
- Unless the loan applied for is equal to or less than a member’s shares it must be secured by guarantors or chattels mortgage.
- To withdraw membership a member will be required to give a written notice of up to 60 days.
- A member will be required to maintain a monthly share contribution of not less than Kshs.2, 000/= for advocates and Kshs.1, 000/= for non-advocates.
Loan securities may include:-
- Members’ deposits
- Guarantors’ deposits
- Chattels mortgage
- Charge on land